Thursday, 22 March 2012

Dew's Thurs Night Special ~ Baked Salmon

I've been dabbling in the kitchen lately.  One of my favorite dishes which has gained good reviews from friends and family is my Baked Salmon with Honey Mustard sauce.

Salmon is practically a no-brainer  to work on.  It's so delicious, most of the time, we don't even have to cook it.  Let's face it, sometimes, we only eat at those pricey Japanese restaurants to feed on the succulent, fresh, juicy, orange salmon... preferably eat-all-you-can.

This is for all my friends who requested this particular recipe.  It's a no-nonsense cooking.  If you are like me, who likes it simple but with aplomb ~ this is for you!



Honey-Mustard Glazed Salmon

What you Need:

Salmon Fillet
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp Honey
Some grated Lemon Zest  (just grate the lemon skin, they way you grate cheese)
Salt & Ground Pepper

Steps:
 1.  Heat Oven 375 degrees
 2.  Grease a shallow baking dish
 3.  Combine Dijon, honey and lemon zest & put in the baking dish (where else?)
 4.  Season both sides of fillet with salt & pepper
 5.  Place fillet in the baking dish and flip.  Now, both sides are coated in glaze. (should be, u flipped the fish, right?)
 6.  Put in oven and bake uncovered 15mins. or when fish flakes easily with fork.


Tip ~
Serve your masterpiece nicely! Don't make it look like, take-out from Aling Loleng's Carinderia.  I usually garnish with stir-fry vegies and/or sprigs of Parsley.    Salmon is Expensive, especially in the Philippines.  Make it worth your Effort!  Best serve with White Wine.

If your hubby likes it,  immediately, follow with a request thereafter.  A New Bag.  Bracelet.

Who knows?  It just might work!  :)

'til next adventure!

xoxo,
ripemango





 



8 comments:

  1. looks yummmy.. tnx 4 sharing :)

    how big is the fillet (kilograms or grams) for the ff. measurement??
    2 tbsp Lemon Juice
    2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
    2 tbsp Honey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi juliet,

      i only used 400 grams of salmon fillet.

      thanks for dropping by,
      rp

      Delete
  2. ok, eto na naman ang confession. i haven't tried baking salmon. you made it so deliciously-looking, i need to try it. salmon isn't expensive here, but kids loved it fried. me and hub, loved it as sinigang. this could be a challenge. i never used the oven for ages, really! i guess i should give extra effort to cook, especially on weekends that i dont work. =)
    thanks RipeMango for the recipe and tips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi butterfly,

      i also love sinigang salmon, especially the head part!! i love the eyes :))) my son & I battle who gets the eyes.

      when i came here in SG, i promised myself to learn something new. I haven't baked seriously before. That's why the oven has been my bestfriend lately. Always good to learn new things..

      thanks for dropping by as always,
      rp

      Delete
  3. hello dew! you have a really nice blog. we don't have an oven so i'll try sinigang na salmon na lang. that's an interesting idea. we always serve it steamed or fried before. visit my blog din ha. raremommy.blogspot.com. thanks to you, I made the switch from livejournal to blogger and I love it. The blog looks nicer and I'm so excited na to post more entries. Hope we meet up again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi raremommy,

      nice to meet you and i'm happy to have found another blogger in my circle.
      blog more! keep in touch,

      see you soon,
      rp

      Delete
  4. mama Dewie, I made this tonight... yummy!!!!! definitely going into my recipe collection. no fuss and sooo easy. thank you thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are welcome and I'm happy for the success of your meal!

      happy cooking!

      rp

      Delete