Monday, 30 April 2012

My Sinful Moist Chocolate-Walnut Brownies

I call my cooking, "Isang Mabilis." (a Filipino term for Quickie.)
I don't have the patience for long-winding recipes.
My patience is limited to 15 minutes preparation + 15 minutes cooking.
More than that, I have to delegate.  :)

Here's my quick cooking and no-nonsense Chocolate-Walnut Brownies, the moist kind.
I don't like tough and powdery brownies, that breaks into crumbs,  like French Baker's.
I want chewy, gooey and melt in your mouth texture.


Ingredients:

3/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
4 eggs
3/4 cups chopped walnuts

What I do:

Pre-heat oven 350 F or 175 C for 15mins.
Butter 9x9 square baking pan.
Melt butter & choc chips together.
Combine Dry Ingredients.
Cool the butter & choc chips mixture.
Whisk to the butter/choc chips -- the eggs and vanilla
    (*make sure the butter is cool, otherwise the eggs will cook)
Add-in the dry ingredients; whisk
Fold in the chopped walnuts.  (save some for toppings)
Pour the batter over pan.
20mins. cooking time in the oven, or until toothpick dipped in the center comes out clean.

***
Warning ~  One Serving is equivalent to 1/2 hour sweating in the treadmill. 


'til next adventure!

xoxo,
ripemango




1 comment:

  1. Confession: i'm not so fun of brownies, but everytime i see brownies and biscuits, i drool over them. i seldom taste them even a friend offered it. ewan ko, siguro hindi me talaga mahilig, especially with chocolates. the chocolate i can't resist is milka, toblerone & snickers.
    anyway, like what i've said on FB, something to try na naman. hub knew i can't really cook, but i when i turned 40 last year, i told myself, "i'm 40ish...i should learn how to cook", hahaha. i need to reinvent myself on this category. i'm glad my hub haven't thrown me out for the last 15 years of ginisa, adobo, sinigang and prito menu-rotation, hahaha.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete